If you need to cancel a booking please notify us at least 24 hours in advance. In the case of a no show or late cancellation you will be liable for the cost of the first night’s accommodation. This charge will be applied to the credit card the booking was made with.
Triple rooms may contain a double bed and single bed – if you require 3 single beds please contact us directly.
All dormitories are mixed unless otherwise stated. If you want a single sex dorm pleasecontact the hostel directly.
All toilets are unisex but have private cubicles for showers and toilets.
For the check-in we require : Valid Photographic ID / Passport / Driving Licence
Our police regarding the children (under 18 years) – Needs to be accommpanied by an adult and can only stay in private rooms with ensuite.
NOTICE TO ALL GROUPS
1. No noise is tolerated in the rooms or corridors from 11.00pm to 7.30am. Common areas are open at night so please use them if you are staying up late. Any guests found making noise during these hours will be removed from the hostel without refund.
2. Security passes are issued to all guests and must be kept on your person at all times. They must be shown upon request. You must have these to gain entry at nighttime.
3. Only residents have access to accommodation – no guests are allowed.
4. Leaders will be appointed for the group and will deal with any problems relating to their particular group.
5. No smoking is allowed anywhere in the hostel at any time as it is against the law. Anyone found smoking in the building is subject to an immediate €75.00 euro fine and possible prosecution. The only smoking area is outside the front door.
6. No alcohol is allowed in the hostel at any time. If you have alcohol, please leave it at reception and you can collect it when you are leaving.
7. Lockers and safety deposit boxes are available for hire – please ask for details from reception.
8. Management reserves full authority to remove troublesome group members from the hostel. No refunds will be given in such circumstances.
9. Credit card details or a cash deposit are required as a security deposit from the group leader. This will be refunded upon departure provided the group has observed the rules.
10. Guests will be held responsible for willful damage to property. In the event of any damage caused to property, Avalon House reserves the right to charge this to the group.
11. On the back of each bedroom door is a plan of your floor. Guests are requested to familiarise themselves with the nearest escape route from their room. In the case of a fire, the alarm will sound and you should make your way to the assembly point at the YMCA on Aungier Street and await further instructions.
12. Breakfast is served from 7.30am to 10.00am and is free of charge. Breakfast is self service but please clean up after yourself.